Due to demand the Optioscopes have been fully transferred to stilts to spectacular effect. These statuesque, expansive costumes are illuminated by hundreds of blinking points of bright light, and look equally stunning in strong daylight or darkness. Optioscopes can appear as a wandering act, performing individually or in unison wearing their own music boxes if required. They can also perform fully choreographed stage shows. As always, our shows are arranged to fit the event. We have a wide variety of head-dresses, and the costumes include removable detail panels which can be swapped or removed to create a multitude of different looks. We can provide endless variations for these detachable detail panels, e.g. geometric shapes, pom-poms, bows and butterflies or our clients’ logo.
- The lights we use are visible even in full daylight
- Unique, memorable and very beautiful
- Groups of identically dressed artists make a statement
- Gorgeous for making a real impact in any space
- Great for outdoor or indoor events
We have 3 white Optioscopes on stilts and a further 7 being created, plus an enormous multicoloured ground based collection (last count approaching 30 with more in production) which can also be performed on stilts.
See the entire Optioscope collection.
Learn about the benefits of having Optioscopes at your event.
Each artist can perform 3 sets within a booking. 1 set equals:
- A 30 minute wandering Optioscope performance on stilts.
- A 5-10 minute show.
Artists can perform one act for all 3 sets, or you can split the sets between two costumes/skills and select a complimentary second act.
Our full fees information can be found in our fees and set times PDF, available to account holders or upon request.
A quick overview of the few things we need from you:
- A dressing room or space.
- A clean safe performance space.
- Somewhere safe to leave equipment/ personal belongings.
- Suitable weather conditions or an alternative indoor space to work in. We will bring unruly weather alternatives if requested in advance, but we can’t generally work in very wet or extreme weather conditions.
- For stilt performance we need somewhere to get up onto our stilts. This could be a chair on a sturdy table against a wall, a high window with a large enough sill to sit on, a bar or any surface between 1-1.5 metres high that is safe to sit on. Stilts generally require a floor to ceiling clearance of 2.8 metres, although they can also navigate lifts, stairs (with help) doorways and low corridors. We can also sometimes use shorter stilts if required.
More technical requirements can be found in our safety documents, available to account holders or upon request.