Roll out the red carpet for comical walkabout on a grand scale. For this Hollywood bombshell the whole world is a stage. Big Star’s dramatic antics can be accompanied by an orchestral score emanating from her clutch bag. This costume can also be worn on the ground, making it suitable for performing any of our skills. Big Star is an extremely adaptable, recognisable character. She can be as interactive as needed and can even model the character on different celebrities with look-alike stilt artists cast accordingly. She makes a great hostess, welcoming others like old friends and working the room. She can also be called upon to make announcements or presentations, sing and dance. Versatile and classic, Big Star works in many environments, and can also easily be adapted. Previous incarnations include Angelina Jolie, a Russian Princess, Cruella de Vil, Morticia Adams. Big Star can also be played as a drag act by one of our beautiful (or grizzly) male artists.
- The elegant cut of this costume allows the artist to navigate tricky spaces and light to medium winds.
- Stylish and fun.
- Well suited to handing out lovely gifts and treats.
- Interactive and accessible.
- Great for many environments.
- Hilarious on a busy dance floor.
We have 1 Big Star, but she can be accompanied by a stilt walking Gentleman Friend or other divas in evening gowns assembled from the rest of our collection.
You might also like our Espionage characters.
Learn about the benefits of having stilt walkers at your event.
Each artist can perform 3 sets within a booking. 1 set equals:
- A 40 minute wandering stilt performance.
- A 5-10 minute show.
Artists can perform one act for all 3 sets, or you can split the sets between two costumes/skills and select a complimentary second act.
Our full fees information can be found in our fees and set times PDF, available to account holders or upon request.
A quick overview of the few things we need from you:
- A dressing room or space.
- A clean safe performance space.
- Somewhere safe to leave equipment/ personal belongings.
- Suitable weather conditions or an alternative indoor space to work in. We will bring unruly weather alternatives if requested in advance, but we can’t generally work in very wet or extreme weather conditions.
- For stilt performance we need somewhere to get up onto our stilts. This could be a chair on a sturdy table against a wall, a high window with a large enough sill to sit on, a bar or any surface between 1-1.5 metres high that is safe to sit on. Stilts generally require a floor to ceiling clearance of 2.8 metres, although they can also navigate lifts, stairs (with help) doorways and low corridors. We can also sometimes use shorter stilts if required.
More technical requirements can be found in our safety documents, available to account holders or upon request.